Coffee lovers are always looking for the best coffee shop in San Diego. After all, they know the pure feeling after taking that first sip of their magic elixir. In San Diego, you can get coffee almost anywhere. From a booth at your local local grocery store or shopping mall. However, for the best coffee shop in San Diego, you should go to Jane’s Cafe in Mission Valley!
But is coffee good for you? The answer is an absolute yes, when consuming the right amount! Not only that, but it can be made even healthier.
How To Choose The Best Healthy Coffee Shop In San Diego
As a stimulant, coffee works to elevate mood levels as well as activate alertness in the mind. It may also aid your body to process glucose better, reduce risk of developing heart failure, help you live longer, and many other benefits.
You can reap even more benefits from drinking your beloved beverage by making a few small changes. Let’s take a closer look.
1. Stay Hydrated While Enjoying Your Coffee
In addition to being a central nervous stimulant, coffee is also a diuretic. As a result, it can lower your blood pressure and help your body to produce more urine.
Hydrating your body with water well before and after your morning drink helps to combat the negative side effects of coffee. In general, try to drink between half an ounce to an ounce of water for each pound that you weigh.
Since everyone has different needs, it’s best to consider your specific health condition to determine how to replenish your body.
2. Opt For Organic Coffee Beans
It’s a beautiful thing when you think about how your favorite drink was once a bean. And the quality of your coffee beans can make all the difference in the overall taste. This is why you should get your drink from the best coffee shop in San Diego.
Here’s how to be more savvy about your coffee:
- Choose organic coffee beans. People are choosing to buy organic food more than ever. These foods are suppose to be without the use of chemical pesticides or fertilizers. So, opt for organic coffee to reduce your exposure to harmful chemicals. Organic coffee beans are packed with more antioxidants, which aids in the reduction of many illnesses. Consequently, your morning brew can actually be medicinal!
- Look for the origin. When purchasing your coffee beans, look for the origin, whether they are organic, and ways of processing. Different origins of coffee can lead to a variety in taste, so it depends on your personal preference. The different coffee processing methods also impact the overall flavor. You can experiment to see which brew works for you.
3. Add Spices To The Mix
We aren’t talking about the masala kind of spices here. There are many spices in your kitchen cabinet that you may actually come to appreciate after trying this tip!
Instead, we’re talking about infusing your morning brew with spices such as nutmeg, cardamom, or cinnamon. It can really give it a kick! Nutmeg is an aromatic spice found to boost the immune system by promoting digestion. Similarly, cardamom has been proven to aid digestion. As a result, it’s useful for an acidic drink like coffee. Cinnamon has many medicinal properties, including anti-inflammation, antioxidant, and antibacterial properties.
4. Choose a Healthier Coffee Creamer
Having coffee with a creamer can make it “a latte” better. However, you can still enjoy your latte by substituting the creamer for a healthier one. This would be your opportunity to read labels at grocery stores.
For example, you can simply find a creamer with less sugar than the one you are currently consuming. Ideally, completely cutting out sugar from your morning beverage is recommended to prevent obesity, diabetes, and other chronic illnesses. Taking baby steps counts, though, and you can improve your health one choice at a time.
Like all things, consume your coffee in moderation and empower yourself with information so that you can make better choices.
Empower Yourself With The Help Of Jane’s Cafe
At Jane’s Cafe, we are here for all health lovers. As one of the best coffee shops in San Diego, we offer a variety of high-quality healthy meals and juices delivered right to your door. Call us at (619) 380-2501 to find out more information about our current specials!
You may also enjoy reading: Reasons Why Avocados Are A Superfood