Not many people would think that a breakfast salad would be worth waking up for. But, mom did say ‘eat your veggies’. So, why not get a head start with a breakfast salad? And you can even substitute poached eggs for the hard-boiled.
With this in mind, people are craving something lighter for breakfast these days. Hence, the idea breakfast salad that’s worth waking up for.
Here’s what you’ll need and how to make this dish.
How To Make A Breakfast Salad
- 4 sausages
- 12 strips smoked bacon
- 4 eggs
- 8 frozen hash browns
- 200g cherry tomatoes
- Olive oil
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp apple cinder vinegar
- 5g chives, finely chopped
- 2 Small lettuces
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200°C. Add your sausages to one side of a baking pan and put in the oven for an initial 5 minutes. When the time as elapsed, add the hash browns and cherry tomatoes to the other side of the baking pan. Bake the hash browns for approximately 5-7 minutes until they defrost. After that, remove pan from oven and tear them apart with a fork into croutons shapes. But do this on a cutting board to prevent damage to your baking pan.
Next, return the pan to the oven and bake an additional 10 minutes. Note: cooking times vary for sausages. So check that they are thoroughly cooked to your liking. If not, put them back in the over for additional cooking time.
- Add the eggs to a pot of salted boiling water over high heat and boil for 7 minutes. In essence, salt prevents the eggs from cracking. Meanwhile, fill a bowl of very cold water and ice to be used for cooling the eggs.
- Place a frying over high heat, add the strips of bacon and cook it to your liking. But don’t discard the bacon fat as you will use it to making the dressing. If you prefer extra crispy bacon, let it cool on a cooling rack.
- To make the dressing, measure out the reserved bacon fat, then add olive oil until you have 4 tbsps total. Add the Dijon, apple cider vinegar, chopped chives and a pinch of salt and pepper and mix until well combined. You can also do this by adding everything to a clean jar and shaking.
- Crumble the bacon into large pieces and slice the sausages into chunks. Then, add them to a large bowl with the lettuce leaves and the dressing. Toss until everything is well coated. Place in a serving bowl with the crispy hash brown croutons, roasted tomatoes, and peeled halved boiled eggs. What’s next? Just top with a pinch of black pepper and enjoy!
What is Jane’s Cafe?
Breakfast and lunch, but not as you know it. Our breakfast restaurant lets you enjoy all the flavors of breakfast food and none of the fuss. From everyday favorites and 10 minute meals, to healthy choices, you can order takeout or dine-in.
You may also enjoy reading: Delicious Lunch Sandwiches You’ll Love Eating
Leave a Reply